Ellern Mede offers a range of both individual and group therapy delivered by our multi-disciplinary team. Each therapeutic approach is carefully built around the needs of each patient at the various stages of their treatment.
Therapies at Ellern Mede
Therapies include but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectic Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy (CRT)
- Family Therapy
- Integrative Therapy
- Psycho-education Therapy
- Art Therapy
We provide group sessions to help improve perspective, behaviour, communication and social skills. These include:
- Healthy Eating
- Social Eating Group
- Future Focus
- Over-exercise Group
- Community Meetings
“There is a great need in the UK for family based treatment programmes for eating disorder patients. In our many years of offering treatments at Ellern Mede Ridgeway we recognised this and have moved to provide it. We know that recovery from an eating disorder requires specialist intensive treatment. At Barnet we offer short-term residential programmes with the flexibility for the patient to remain with the same team in the Ellern Mede group and either step down or step up as their needs change.”
Children, young people and their families are supported by:
- Physical and Mental Health assessments
- Specialist tests as required such as bloods, scans, psychometric testing, and neuro-assessments.
- Psychiatric support for the patient and the family
- Family Therapy and group support for the family
- Family-based interventions including coaching on meal support
- Specialist Dietetic input and meal plans
- Psychological therapies for patients including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Psycho-educational Intervention
Please click on icons to view downloads.
Family services can be accessed at any of our four sites. To arrange, please call our main office number 020 3209 7900.
Head Office, Ellern Mede Ridgeway
London NW7 4HX
Ellern Mede has provided specialist Tier 4 eating disorder services to the NHS since 2000. We respond to referrals within 24 hours.
Call now for immediate access to Ellern Mede specialist private eating disorder services. Accepted referrals begin treatment within two weeks or faster in emergencies.