Registered Nurses (RMN/RNLD/Paediatrics) in Breaston, Derbyshire
As a Staff Nurse, you will use your expert nursing skills to care for children and young people with eating disorders, based at Ellern Mede Derby in Breaston, Derbyshire. Day and Night shifts are available. You will be RMN, RNLD or Paediatric qualified and NMC registered and will have qualities including dedication, focus, compassion, and a commitment to delivering high quality care. Decision making, communication, electronic patient record skills are essential. Your warmth towards your patients will support them to feel positive about their lives. Salary range £30,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience. Work as part of our expert Multi-Disciplinary Team.
Please read the full job description here.
- Salary £30k to £40k p.a. dependent on experience.
- We will cover the cost of an enhanced disclosure (DBS)
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Sick Pay (after one years’ service)
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Workplace pension
- Personal holiday and education fund
- Employee Assistance Programme
“What satisfies me about working for Ellern Mede as a nurse is working closely with the whole clinical team. The team are very compassionate and all absolutely give their best to patient care. This is a very specialist area of care and it is excellent experience for any person in healthcare.”
Stuart Johnston, Nurse, Ellern Mede, Moorgate.
The Essential and desirable skills you will need:
- Applicants must have current UK professional nurse registration
- Desirable – a related first degree, ENB 998 / ENB 603
- Iinpatient CAMHS eating disorder experience with young people
- Computer skills in Electronic Patient Records
- Motivation, enthusiasm, flexibility and self awareness
- Satisfactory health clearance
- Clear DBS check
- Knowledge of mental health difficulties in young people
- Knowledge of therapeutic relationship principles and the CPA
Staff Nurses play a key role within Ellern Mede’s Multi-Disciplinary Team and a huge role in supporting vulnerable young people. You are with them during care interventions they need the most, yet find most challenging. You get to know them very well. Your professional relationship with the young people will be close, but boundaried, supportive, but firm with the eating disorder. You need to be psychologically strong, and empathic. You will encounter difficult interactions. You will have the full support of your manager, team and regular supportive supervision, as well as access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
Registered Staff Nurses (RMN/RNLD/Paediatrics) in Breaston, Derbyshire