Nurses Open Days at Ellern Mede – apply to attend
What its like to be a Nurse at Ellern Mede – scroll to end to apply for Open Day
If the idea of supporting the health needs of vulnerable young people aged 8 to 18, and in some of our sites, young adults aged 18 to 25, then it may well be that Ellern Mede centres for eating disorders would be a great next step for you in your nursing career. What better way to find out than attending one of our regular Open Days for nursing candidates at any of our four hospital sites.
- Ellern Mede Ridgeway, Mill Hill, North West London
- Ellern Mede Barnet, Barnet, North London
- Ellern Mede Moorgate, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
- Ellern Mede Derby, Breaston, Derbyshire
Our Open Days, which are being held twice a month through July to September 2022, are by application and invitation. They are an opportunity to meet our head nurses and other clinical staff; to tour the site and have a glimpse of what it would be like for you to work with us, and to have an interview.
We offer one of the most competitive nursing salary packages in the industry. Our nurses are also eligible for a guaranteed Nurse Bonus Scheme: £2,000 paid on the 1-year work anniversary and a further £2,000 paid on the 2nd year work anniversary.
Salaries subject to experience;
- Newly qualified nurses – £31,000 rising to £34,000 after 1 year
- 1 year to 3 years’ experience – staring from £34,000
- 3 years plus experience – starting from £37,000
If appointed, you will work as a member of the nursing team, which is responsible for delivering high quality nursing care to young people and their families on a day-today basis. Your clinical excellence will also support the multi-disciplinary team. You will help devise, implement, and review personalised packages of care.
Ellern Mede Nurse Positions offer:
- Retention Bonus Scheme linked to length of service and level of experience:
- Personal Development Plan linked to Appraisal
- Educational development opportunities
- £300 Guaranteed CPD Allowance
- NMC PIN Paid
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Career Progression Opportunities
- Education Fund
- Holiday Fund
- Comprehensive Induction
- Specialist Eating Disorders Training
- Sick Pay (after one years’ service)
- Workplace Pension
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
“What satisfies me about working for Ellern Mede as a nurse is working closely with the whole clinical team. The team are very compassionate and all absolutely give their best to patient care. This is a very specialist area of care and it is excellent experience for any person in healthcare. Knowing that you’re making a difference to people’s lives is rewarding, but our nursing roles offer much more than that. We are a forward thinking team of motivated professionals who strive to improve the quality of the service that we offer to our patients and their families. Most important, “We Never Give Up on a Patient!”
Stuart Johnston, Nurse, Ellern Mede, Moorgate.
Skills and qualities that would make you a good fit as a Nurse with Ellern Mede:
- RMN or RNLD NMC registered or currently studying at University.
- Value and respect patients, colleagues and MDT working
- You will have a commitment to delivering high quality care.
- Your warmth towards your patients will support them to feel positive about their lives.
Please read about us before applying at www.ellernmede.org.
Nurses play a key role in supporting vulnerable young people. You are with them during care interventions they need the most, yet find most challenging. You get to know them very well. Your professional relationship with the young people will be close, but boundaried, supportive, but firm with the eating disorder. You need to be psychologically strong, and empathic. You will encounter difficult interactions. You will have regular supportive supervision.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions that would impact this role.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected]
Nurses Open Day Attendee Application