Medical Secretary/ Mental Health Act Administrator, Ellern Mede Derby
The principle task of the post is to provide efficient and effective secretarial, clerical and administrative support to the medical team at Ellern Mede.
You will provide secretarial support to Consultant Psychiatrists within the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Department and assist in the organisation of appointments and diaries etc. and will work unsupervised, managing your own workload, exercising the highest standard of confidentiality using independent judgement and initiative, based on acquired knowledge and experience, demonstrating influence and composure when working under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Please read about us before applying at www.ellernmede.org Your application must include a detailed CV, email address and telephone number. We strongly recommend you also state why you are interested in this post.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to fill in an Application Form.
- Competitive salary dependent on experience; range £23,000 to £25,000
- Enhanced disclosure (DBS)
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing CPD training
- Sick Pay (after one years’ service)
- 20 days annual leave plus public holidays
- Workplace pension
- Personal holiday and education fund
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
EITHER SCROLL DOWN TO OUR APPLICATION FORM OR APPLY ON NHS JOBS.
"As a marketer and communicator on behalf of Ellern Mede I have a rich variety of tasks involving suppliers, working with colleagues, creative content production, website management, producing and editing video, maintaining an image library and so much more. Knowing that the work of our clinicians is life saving is inspiring. Hearing from our patients and their families of their positive experience of care here is wonderful."
Susan Ramwell, Ellern Mede Group
Skills and Qualities
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to use IT equipment to include e-mail, Internet/Intranet.
- Communication and organisational skills
- Understanding of risk assessment principles
- Compassion, motivation, enthusiasm, flexibility and self-awareness
- A non-judgemental approach
- Ability to remain calm even in difficult circumstances
- Clear DBS check
- A positive warm manner with the public and colleagues
As an Ellern Mede Medical Secretary, your daily interactions with Consultants, Doctors, Families, the NHS and patients will keep you very busy. Your organisational skills will help to make the patient journey, through many official meetings, ward rounds and Care Programme Approach meetings easier to navigate.
Medical Secretary, Breaston, Derbyshire