Maintenance Technician, Derbyshire
You will be required, as part of a group-wide maintenance team, to provide general maintenance of fittings and fixtures, such as minor carpentry, plumbing, furniture repairs, lock installations as required with the help of professional tradesmen where necessary. This list is not exhaustive. You will also provide planned preventative maintenance (PPM).
Knowledge of Health and Safety, COSHH and similar legislation is essential, and you will be able to keep up to date with this through Ellern Mede’s e-learning platform or other training as required.
PPM involves keeping a maintenance log of all routine, and non-routine staff-reported repair issues to ensure that the service continues to run smoothly, that systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate. Records are important and at times need to be shared with appropriate authorities such as HSE (Health & Safety Executive), CQC, EHO Environment agency etc.
You will manage external contractors and suppliers, conduct risk assessments for all projects undertaken in the scope of the job.
Please read the full job description here.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to fill in an Application Form.
- Salary £ 24,000 per year
- We will cover the cost of an enhanced disclosure (DBS)
- Sick Pay (after one years’ service)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Personal holiday and education fund
- Employee Assistance Programme
"Being a Medical Secretary with Ellern Mede is very interesting. I meet and speak with patients, parents and carers and staff. It is a busy job and you will never be bored. It is mentally stimulating. My colleagues are lovely."
Medical Secretary, Ellern Mede Group
The Essential and desirable skills you will need:
- Experience of general maintenance work as well as working with trades contractors and suppliers
- Attention to detail and commitment to customer care
- Communication skills.
- Good organisational skills, including prioritising scheduled work
- Able to work collaboratively with all colleagues
- Discretion and confidentiality in a healthcare environment
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Maintenance Technician, Ellern Mede Derby