Housekeeper, Ellern Mede, Derbyshire
Housekeeper posts offer flexible shifts. There is usually more than one housekeeper post. Shifts have either early morning or afternoon start times. As a 24-hour hospital, being a housekeeper in this environment is busy and requires people who take initiative, are highly reliable, energetic and able to work as part of a team. You can apply for part time or full time hours up to 40 hours a week.
You should have experience of cleaning and housekeeping in a hospital setting. You will have day to day responsibility to clean patient and staff toilets, patient and staff communal areas and reception areas. Duties include some laundry, in particular linens. You will provide immediate housekeeping support for any urgent situations such as spills.
You will have close liaison with certain hospital departments including nursing and catering. You will have a thorough knowledge of infection control and maintain your knowledge through Ellern Mede’s e-learning platform.
Please read the full Job Description here.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to fill in an Application Form.
- Salary £21,000 per year or pro rata
- We will cover the cost of an enhanced disclosure (DBS)
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Sick Pay (after one years’ service)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Personal holiday and education fund
- Employee Assistance Programme
"As a marketer and communicator on behalf of Ellern Mede I have a rich variety of tasks involving suppliers, working with colleagues, creative content production, website management, producing and editing video, maintaining an image library and so much more. Knowing that the work of our clinicians is life saving is inspiring. Hearing from our patients and their families of their positive experience of care here is wonderful."
Susan Ramwell, Ellern Mede Group
The Essential and desirable skills you will need:
- Experience of cleaning/laundry/housekeeping
- Experience of delivering high quality customer care
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Warm and caring manner towards patients and staff
- Ability to stock take and order supplies
- Discretion in a hospital environment
- Flexibility to undertake a range of duties as required
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
To apply for this job please fill in the form. (There is a standard form for all our jobs. Ignore the reference to nursing.) You can also email your CV and covering letter to [email protected] or [email protected] Thank you.