Healthcare Assistant (Support Workers) Ellern Mede Derby
Become a Healthcare Assistant or Support Worker to put your studies in health and social care or psychology to good use. Stimulate your career with valuable experience in caring for children and young people with eating disorders. You will be based at Ellern Mede Derby in Breaston, Derbyshire. Day and Night shifts are available. You don’t need any specific qualification. We offer in depth training. You will need dedication, focus, compassion, and commitment to delivering high quality care. Electronic patient record skills are essential. Salary range £20,000 to £25,000 dependent on experience.
- Salary £20k to £25k p.a. dependent on experience.
- We will cover the cost of an enhanced disclosure (DBS)
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Sick Pay (after one years’ service)
- 25 days annual leave (pro rata)
- Workplace pension
- Personal holiday and education fund
“What satisfies me about working for Ellern Mede as a senior HCA and Shift Leader is that I get to know the patients really well and work with them day by day, seeing them respond to treatment. Our patients always come happily to the point that they are ready to go home with their whole future ahead of them. I am involved in many therapeutic activities and even offer one of them myself – Alberta’s Nail Salon.”
Alberta Dwomoh, Snr HCA at Ellern Mede Barnet
The Essential and desirable skills you will need:
- Desirable – inpatient CAMHS eating disorder experience
- Computer skills in Electronic Patient Records
- Compassion, motivation, enthusiasm, flexibility and self-awareness
- A non-judgemental approach
- Ability to remain calm even in difficult circumstances
- Observation skills
- Satisfactory health clearance
- Clear DBS check
- A positive warm manner with patients and their families
Health Care Assistants also known as Support Workers play a key role within Ellern Mede’s Multi-Disciplinary Team and a huge role in supporting vulnerable young people. You are with them day in and day out. You get to know them very well. Your professional relationship with the young people will be close, but boundaried, supportive, but firm with the eating disorder. You need to be psychologically strong, and empathic. You will encounter difficult interactions. You will have the full support of your manager, team and regular supportive supervision, as well as access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check, (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Apply via the form. You can also get in touch by emailing [email protected]
Healthcare Assistant (Support Workers) Ellern Mede Derby, Breaston, Derbyshire