Ellern Mede Ridgeway
Ellern Mede Ridgeway is a 28 bed hospital offering inpatient treatment for children and young people aged 8-18 years with an eating disorder condition. We offer excellent Outpatient therapy here as well. There is a strong record of supporting children and young people to overcome eating disorders. Our exceptional eating disorder treatment results have brought hope to hundreds of patients and their families over the past 18 years.
,The centre has three main care settings – a high dependency ward (Lask Ward), a general eating disorder ward (Nunn Ward) and a pre-discharge/ transition ward (the Cottage). We provide NHS England-commissioned eating disorder beds as well as having some additional capacity for private / self-pay / insurance funded inpatients and outpatients.
Our multidisciplinary team are experts in the treatment of eating disorders. We work closely with patient’s families, together supporting the young people in overcoming their difficulties. We also work closely with families, healthcare professionals and commissioners. We use evidence-based therapies and approaches in our work with young people and their families. Demand is high and there is rarely a time we do not have a waiting list.
Internationally renowned specialist eating disorders treatment
Ellern Mede’s multidisciplinary team of experts are specialists in childhood eating disorders. Each patient receives a personalised care plan to meet their needs, minimising disruption to their day to day life. The service provides the benefits of:
- Specialist and well-resourced multidisciplinary team
- Education on site from specialist teachers (funded either by local authority or privately)
- Preparation for discharge / Transition support from CAMHS to Adult
- Access to a full care pathway including outpatient care following discharge
“Ellern Mede Ridgeway’s beautiful grounds and excellent school complement the clinical care we give to children and young people. Families are welcomed for regular visits, CPA meetings and kept informed every week. We have a monthly Parent’s Group.”Dr Hind Al Khairulla
Interventions and therapies available for children and young people at Ellern Mede Ridgeway
- Initial psychiatric assessment
- Physical and Mental Health assessments including specialist tests as required (eg blood tests, scans, psychometric testing, neuropsychological assessment)
- Psychiatric sessions
- Psychological therapies including:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Cognitive Remediation Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy
- Psychoeducational interventions
- Family therapy
- Coaching on meal support
- Specialist Dietetic input and meal plans
View information relevant to this service
How to get to Ellern Mede Ridgeway
Ellern Mede Ridgeway
London NW7 4HX
Ways to get to there
Ellern Mede Ridgeway is easily accessible from main motorway routes and is a short drive from M1 Junction 2 and M25 Junction 23.
Public Transport Directions:
Nearest railway station: Mill Hill Broadway
Nearest tube station: Mill Hill East (Northern Line)
Local Buses: 240 & 251
Ellern Mede has provided specialist Tier 4 eating disorder services to the NHS since 2000. We respond to referrals within 24 hours.
Call now for immediate access to Ellern Mede specialist private eating disorder services. Accepted referrals begin treatment within two weeks or faster in emergencies.