Chef, Ellern Mede Derby, Breaston
As a well trained and experienced chef, you will work with the guidance of Ellern Mede’s Dietitians to provide high quality, well-prepared and presented food to patients which meets their medically planned nutritional needs. The usual pattern is one cooked meal a day served at midday, with a variety of meals for breakfast and snacks as well as sandwiches for the evening. You will also prepare a lunch and sandwiches for staff.
You may also be required to cater for events and functions as directed.
You will prepare menus in consultation with the dietetic team and other members of the professional staff team.
You will receive training in Ellern Mede’s policies and processes and will be expected to maintain your knowledge using our e-learning platform.
Please read the full job description here.
Salary is £23,000 to £30,000 dependent on experience.
The role includes working with a kitchen assistant, supervising the kitchen hygiene, stock control and ordering, maintaining stock of kitchen equipment and requesting replacements as required.
Please scroll to the bottom of this page to fill in an Application Form.
- Salary £23,000 to £30,000 per year dependent on experience
- We will cover the cost of an enhanced disclosure (DBS)
- Comprehensive induction and ongoing training
- Sick Pay (after one years’ service)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Workplace pension
- Personal holiday and education fund
- Employee Assistance Programme
"Being a Medical Secretary with Ellern Mede is very interesting. I meet and speak with patients, parents and carers and staff. It is a busy job and you will never be bored. It is mentally stimulating. My colleagues are lovely."
Medical Secretary, Ellern Mede Group
The Essential and desirable skills you will need:
- Experience of working in a commercial or hospital kitchen
- Experience of managing a kitchen including stock ordering
- Ability to follow medically approved diet plans
- Attention to detail
- Warm manner in dealing with patients
- Discretion and confidentiality in a hospital environment
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Chef, Ellern Mede Derby